FEEL HEALTHIER AND BE HAPPIER.
Sweet Wheatgrass is super-nutritious, packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and comes with a hint of mild sweetness.
Wheatgrass is a fantastic health booster, renowned for its nutritional benefits.
We have a special method for growing our Sweet Wheatgrass to create a mild and pleasant sweetness, while still maintaining the health benefits wheatgrass is known for.
It's quick and easy to make Sweet Wheatgrass Juice using your home juicer or blender (see ‘How to Use’ below for directions).
Sweet Wheatgrass is usually in our growing rotation and often ready for same-week delivery.* (Allow up to 10 days.)
We’ll reach out to you when your order is ready.
FLAVOUR & TEXTURE
Mildly sweet, pleasantly grassy.
NUTRITION & HEALTH
Wheatgrass is a source of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
HOW TO USE - JUICING INSTRUCTIONS
5-minute Sweet Wheatgrass juice in 5 simple steps:
1. Cut your Sweet Wheatgrass into 1 inch pieces (this will make using a blender easier).
2. Place your Sweet Wheatgrass in your blender or juicer (recommended: at least 2 oz, or 1/8 of a 1 lb. container).
3. Add Water:
- If using a blender, fill with water until the water reaches the same level as the wheatgrass. If using a juicer, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Run the blender for only *5-10 seconds at a time* using the ‘Pulse’ setting or one of your other settings, waiting 5-10 seconds.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT leave your blender running for more than 10 seconds at a time. You do not want to risk the grass getting caught in the blades and burning out your motor. You should not have any issues if you run for less than 10 seconds at a time.
5. Pour & Enjoy!
- Once the water has turned a rich, deep green colour, your juice is ready! Use a fork to remove the spent blades of grass from the blender. Pour your Sweet Wheatgrass juice and enjoy!
- Add lemon, lime, or orange juice for a citrus twist. If you want to keep it strictly local though, see below!
MICRO SMOOTHIE BUNDLE
Did you know Pea Shoots and Sunflower Shoots are popular ingredients in smoothies? Blend either or both of these shoots in a separate smoothie, then add Sweet Wheatgrass Juice for an extra boost of flavour and nutrition.
You get a deal on a half pound of each: Sweet Wheatgrass, Sunflower Shoots, and Pea Shoots!
The mild sweetness of these shoots complements Sweet Wheatgrass very well. Your blender will finely chop up the tender leaves and stems of shoots so you get the dietary fibre in addition to their nutrients!
SIZES & SERVINGS
Here is how many servings you'll find in each sales unit size we offer. These are based on a recommendation of 2 oz. (55 g) per serving.
- Pound: 8 servings
- Half Pound: 4 servings
- Case of 4 - 55 g container: 4 servings total (1 serving per container)
- Case of 6 - 55 g container: 6 servings total (1 serving per container)
- Live Tray (~1.25 lb.): 10 servings
*Same-week delivery cannot be guaranteed for any variety.
Availability and delivery timing is affected by order size, existing inventory, overall customer demand, and the variety's growing speed.
The Live Tray price includes a one-time $12 tray deposit that is returned to you when you return the tray at the next delivery or pickup.