Are you certified organic?
Yes! Growing healthy food in harmony with the environment is our top priority. We have always followed organic practices and have now been certified by Ecocert Canada, an organic certification board accredited by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
What are your growing practices?
All of our produce is grown sustainably without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or fertilizers, and we also practice crop rotation in order to ensure the health of our soil for crop success over the years and for future generations.
For more information about our growing methods, please ask. We're happy to answer any questions!
Where is the food in your CSA from?
Most of the food in our CSA - more than 90% - is grown on our own farm in Grand Tracadie, 20 minutes outside of Charlottetown. Some food that we don't produce, like berries and eggs, are supplied by farmers we partner with. Everything in our CSA is organic, free range, and 100% PEI-grown.
How do online orders work?
- Submit your own custom order each week online.
- You can order as much or as little as you want each week from your total balance.
- This makes sure you get exactly what you want each week!
- We're happy to pick a selection of vegetables for you each week from what we have available to harvest.
- With the Small Veggie Box, you'll get $15 of vegetables each week.
- Medium Veggie Box, $20 per week.
- Large Veggie Box, $30 per week.
- This is a great way to try out new things each week!
- If you don't want something we give you, you can always swap it out for something else.
What's on the order menu?
The order menu is updated on a weekly basis according to what's available for us to harvest. For a complete list of what we plan to grow this season, see What We Grow.
What happens if I go out of town or on vacation?
No problem! We run from June to December, and you can order any week or skip any week for any reason. Your CSA balance is yours to spend at your own pace until December.
Where and when do I get my orders?
- Orders are picked up or delivered on Thursdays and Saturdays. You can change between pickup and delivery any week.
- Our Thursday pickup location is at the PEI Farm Centre, 420 University Avenue, Charlottetown, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Our Saturday pickup location is at the Charlottetown Farmers' Market, 100 Belvedere Avenue, from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- We deliver to all locations in Charlottetown and Stratford during the same time as our pickup locations.
Do I have to be home to receive a delivery?
If you live in a private dwelling, you can make arrangements for your delivery to be left for you in a secure location in or around your house.
If you live in an apartment building or other shared living space, we cannot leave deliveries unattended, so someone will need to be home during the delivery period to receive your order.
How can I help out?
2. Spread the word
3. Volunteer on our farm
We're happy to have our members and other people come and give us a hand in our work. It's great exercise, good to get your hands in the soil, and if it's that time of year, we'll send you home with some veggies on us. Just email us at email@example.com with the subject line "Volunteer" and we'll set it up!
4. Inform yourself, inform others
Learn more about farm issues and why supporting and buying local organic food matters to our community, environment, and local economy.
Here's a video that does an excellent job of explaining the concept and all of the amazing benefits of CSAs for their members, the farmers, and the surrounding communities.